Fred C. Cox, 2021 Candidate for Utah Republican State
Former Member, Utah House of Representatives, 2016, 2015,
Updates, see my blog, facebook or
"I believe we must stand up and be heard or watch our
constitutionally protected rights disappear. We can't
continue to let government take over our lives".
C Cox for Utah Republican State Central Committee
Fred C Cox for the Utah Republican State Central Committee
Being a member of the SCC is a volunteer, elected, political party
position, representing Salt Lake County to the State Party.
We not only need someone to show up to the meetings, (I have 100%
attendance), we need someone that can work with others.
At the end of 2019 and the beginning on 2020, I was the original
sponsor (1 of 5) for the Utah 2019 Tax referendum. Working with
voters throughout the state, both liberal, conservative, and
everything in between, and as volunteers, we were able to gather
over 170,000 signatures in 29 counties, exceeding the 116,000
required signatures in 15 counties. Because of the success of our
team, the Legislature and the Governor repealed 2019 SB 2001,
instead of facing the backlash of the voters that fall.
There are 180 SCC members Statewide, representing tens of thousands
of county delegates, 4 thousand state delegates, and hundreds of
thousands of party affiliates. The meetings have been in St George
during snow storms, Fillmore, Park City, Erda / Grantsville, Ogden,
etc. I have have had 100% attendance, even before being
elected in 2011, and since. The meetings often take all day, and
have been in the past, argumentative. Some are wondering why I would
I believe we must stand up and be heard or watch our
constitutionally protected rights disappear. We can't continue to
let government take over our lives.
Past Party and Related Community Service
• Utah State House of Representatives, January 2015 through December
• Utah State House of Representatives, January 2011 through December
• Utah Republican State Central Committee, 2011 to present.
• Utah Republican State Executive Committee, 2017 to 2019.
• Utah Republican State Delegate 2002-2003, 2005 to 2012, 2013, 2015
to 2016, 2018 to present.
• Salt Lake County Republican Bylaws Committee, 2013 to present.
• Salt Lake County Republican Delegate, 2010-2012, 2014 to 2016.
• Salt Lake County Republican Central Committee, 2010-2012, 2014 to
• Salt Lake County Republican Legislative District Chair, August
2010 to January 2011.
Copies of my Floor
Voting Record for 2011, 2012, 2015, and 2016 can be
accessed through my blog within days after the
session, as well as comments on bills.
Paid for by Fred C. Cox, Campaign Fund